Wednesday, April 6, 2016

FUN FILLED WEEKEND part 3

The following day was Easter Sunday.  I tried my best to get to church a little bit earlier so I could find a seat, but you know how that goes.  Despite what people say, I'm glad church is packed on Easter.  Whether you are a devoted catholic or not, I'd like to assume you're making your way towards a higher power, and what better way to do it than to celebrate his resurrection.  I decided to wear a pantsuit to church since I knew the weather had warmed up.  It was nice not wearing a coat for once.  Lately Chicago weather gives us one nice day a week, and then it's back to frigid temperatures.  What can you do? 
After church I made my way downtown to catch a college basketball game for March Madness.  Congratulations Villanova Wildcats on winning it all!  Even though I didn't get a chance to watch the winning game, the process itself is pretty interesting.  Maybe next year I'll do a bracket...
I made my way towards my Dad's place back in the north side.  We were going to celebrate my Dad's birthday since it fell in the middle of the week.  My mom and dad divorced when I was 8 years old.  They both eventually remarried.  Even though my Dad came back into my life in my 20s, I'm still getting to know him.  There's so much that me and my brothers missed out.  I try to take advantage of the time we do share with him since we lost so much when we were kids.  At one point I asked to take a photo with him and he leaned his head towards me.  It's sad to say I don't remember my Dad being affectionate towards me, but here we are now.  This is a moment I will definitely remember.
Spring pantsuit for Easter Sunday!

Topped it off with my Alexander McQueen scarf.  It was nice not wearing a coat.

Home cooking at Dad's consisted of bbq ribs with rice and beans.

Tres leches birthday cake!


I'm glad my brother captured this moment with my camera.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment