Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Housewarming Wine Tasting Party!

Last Friday I attended a wine tasting at a friend's new house in the burbs.  She recently made the transition from the city and was throwing a party to show off her new home to her friends.  Growing up in the city of Chicago, I have grown accustomed to the fast pace lifestyle, (although lately I've been wondering if I'm ever going to slow down).  Although it took a while to drive through rush hour traffic to get there, you can see how happy everyone was see us.  Her kids couldn't wait to show us their brand new bedrooms.  Better school system, everything is conveniently closer, and the low crime rate convinced us this was the best decision our friend made for her family.  They needed more room and the cost of living in Chicago has  skyrocketed.  I'm happy for them.  As for us, we got a chance to enjoy some wine from Italy, Argentina, and Germany!  I missed my friends and it was nice to see everyone again. 
We all got a chance to give warm wishes to the host by writing messages on a wine glass that she gets to keep.

He's too cute!!

Everyone wanted a chance to hold him...

Another selfie in the books!  What a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment