Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lunch meeting at Cafe Iberico!




Hello everyone!  Long time no blog.  A lot has happened since Fat Tuesday.  lol.  I figured I would pick up from last week where I left off.  Leading up to that Friday, my mom was trying to see if me and my brothers could come by for dinner.  I was hesitant because I had seen her the week before, but since my brother's birthday DID fall on Fat Tuesday, my mom wanted to make him a special dinner.  Unfortunately, I had a lunch meeting with my new boss as well.  I told my mom that I probably won't be eating much since our meeting was being held at Café Iberico.  I love that place!!  She understood, so we settled to have dinner after all.
First up, Café Iberico!!  It's one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago.  I've been coming here close to 20 years.  The good news is, not everyone in our meeting has had their food.  It was nice ordering a bunch of stuff for them.  They have a pretty big menu, and since some of us were observing Lent, we ordered a seafood salad with grilled octopus and garlic shrimp to start off.  I LOVE their spicy potatoes!!!  Super delish!!  We also tried a Spanish potato dish as well to compare the difference.  At one point, things got out of hand and we kept ordering and ordering.  There were beef skewers with caramelized onions, salmon with asparagus, and a Spanish tamale which were devoured.  I can't believe we ended up getting dessert!  The ice-cream with banana has been a favorite among patrons for years. 
We had to rush back to work because we were also giving away some pre-Valentine treats for everyone!  We ordered enough individualized Cheryl's cookies for people to take back to their desks that day.  I love bringing cheer at work!  Sometimes you need a late afternoon snack to keep you going.
By the time I got home, I had to get ready for my mom's dinner.  After all of that, there was more food to come!  My brother enjoyed every minute of it.  I love seeing my family happy.  My mom is discussing some up coming changes.  I didn't realize she had so much on her mind.  Hopefully, things will all work out and we can look into the future together as a family.  She's been through a lot and I want her to get the clarity she needs to move into the next stage of her life:  retirement.
I usually order the Pincho de Solomillo, but since I'm observing Lent, I ordered instead...

the Salmon a La Pimienta!  Very tasty!

Had to order café con leche after our big lunch...

Back at work for some pre-Valentine treats!  Cheryl's cookies are individually wrapped for extra freshness!
Someone got a huge teddy bear for Valentine's Day!  We couldn't help but goof around...
At my mom's for my brother's birthday dinner
My mom cooked up a storm...
My mom baked banana bread as his birthday cake!
I love these guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment