Tuesday, February 9, 2016

It's Fat Tuesday!!

Happy Fat Tuesday!  I can't believe Ash Wednesday is tomorrow.  I have one more day to indulge.  lol.  Just kidding.  As I mentioned earlier, I decided to give up going out past 11pm for Lent this year.  I think this will help me save money since my social life lately has taken a hit at my finances.  Last month I focused on paying off a huge debt that lasted over 10 years.  Because of that, my credit cards have suffered since I never took the time to budget after the holidays.  I'm still paying off my vacation from Paris and Italy.  Not to mention, I HAVE been going out a little too much lately.  Time to disappear for a bit.  No harm done.  Paying for dinner, drinks, hopping from one spot to another plus the late night uber rides have maxed me out.  I'm financially exhausted.
The good news is:  I'm NOT giving up on socializing!  I can still partake on after-work happy hour specials and low key dinners and still be able to ride the Blue Line back home.  Chicago right now isn't the safest city so I usually take an uber home when I'm out late at night.  With my new curfew, I can ride the CTA home safely and save some serious money.  This is possible!  I can feel it!
Over the years, I've given up chocolate, drinking, cursing, and shopping for Lent.  This year it will be late night socializing and I think I'll be just fine. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment