Monday, February 8, 2016

Believe in Love...

Happy Monday!!  I had a interesting weekend again.  I did a lot of stuff I normally wouldn't have done.  Sometimes it's best to switch things up a bit, especially when you're not planning a vacation anytime soon.  After last night's Super Bowl performance, this message of love appeared in the stadium.  I think it's wonderful when a high profile performance spreads a positive message like that.  The Super Bowl was watched by over 110 million viewers worldwide!  In the state of the world we live in today, we need love to spread like a plague.  Let's keep the ball moving!
BELIEVE IN LOVE at Super Bowl!

On Friday I packed in as much activities as I could while my friend was in town.  It gave us  a chance to take advantage of this big beautiful city, so our goal was to see what we could fit in one day.  First up, the Field Museum.  For the month of February, the Field Museum is free to all Illinois residents.  It's a great opportunity to check out what's new at one of the largest natural history museums in the world.  We saw The Greeks exhibit currently touring at the Field.  More than 500 artifacts are displayed, most which have never left Greece.  I personally enjoyed the gold jewelry women adorned themselves to show off their class in society.  
A Greek woman wearing jewels.  This woman in particular would have come from high society.

Afterwards we headed out to an early dinner.  We settled at Kurah Mediterranean tapas.  I just got introduced to bacon covered dates earlier in the week from a catering event.  The ones at this restaurant were delish!  They were my favorite, along with the stuffed grape leaves.  We couldn't find room for dessert.  Next time, for sure!
Fattoush Salad

My NEW FAVORITE DISH!  Bacon covered dates stuffed with goat cheese!!  YUMMERS!

Grape leaves were soooooooo good.  I enjoyed them a lot!

We settled for a chicken and lamb kabob combo plate.  Very good!

I got a chance to update my phone afterwards.  Of course I had a zillion questions.  It's nice when someone takes their time to help you understand.  As for now, I love my new iphone 6s.  I still have to get use to it.
We were glad that transferring my information from my old phone to my new one didn't take as long as they had originally thought.  Just a little over 10 minutes.  We figured we still had time to catch the 9:35pm flick of Creed at the AMC Dine-In Theaters at Block 137.  I really wanted to see that movie only, so we hit the jackpot since it was the closest one playing in downtown.  I must say, having cocktail servers in the theater was a plus for me!  I had my margarita on the rocks and enjoyed the movie a lot!  lol.  Too bad I got a sinus migraine afterwards.  We probably would have fit in more to do that day.  I was fine staying in for a change.  As for now, I'll be rooting for Stallone at the Oscars. 

Rooting for Sylvester Stallone in Creed!  Rocky Balboa at his best!

No comments:

Post a Comment