Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Birthday Baby Shower Part 1

I have OFFICIALLY caught up with my events!!!  Yipee!!  lol.  It took a while for me to get to this point.  Looking back on the events in my life has helped me tremendously.  Sometimes you have to realize how far you've come to the point where you are NOW.  Currently, my mom has been expressing to me that she is suffering from some memory loss.  I tried to write it off as something that will pass.  Since her husband's passing, I simply assumed she was going through the hardships.  But now I am fearing it might be more than that.  We had a good talk and I did advise her to see a doctor whenever she gets a chance.  She is looking forward to retiring around her birthday in September.  Even though I'm worried about her well being, it's nice to hear that she is welcoming this next transition in her life.
Around the holidays, I found out that my dad and his wife weren't in good terms.  My other two aunts have been having problems with their husbands too.  I hate seeing them go through this because they are all older.  Yes couples fight but this has been going on for YEARS.  So much friction, yet they put up with it for the sake of the marriage.  It terrifies me.
It bummed me out because I want to see them happy.  I want them to love one another and grow old peacefully.  Hearing some of the fights they're having breaks my heart.  Seeing the sadness in their eyes proves to me there's something terribly wrong.  And then there's my mom.  I may have a problem over thinking but I do appreciate the time I have now being single.  I am drama-free.
Of course, coming home to an empty apartment is an adjustment, but blogging has helped me sort out my thoughts.  I look into the future of my family members and worry about the decisions they've made.  Then I look into the present with all of my friends settling down and hope they're making the right decisions for their future families.  There is simply no way to predict how things will turn out.  You have to take a chance in life and in love and hope for the best. 
My friend had her baby shower this past Saturday.  Leading up to that day was pretty hectic.  I had to catch up on my work since I was pretty wiped out from the weekend before.  I was in charge of some of the games.  I printed up some activities for us to do in case we get a little quiet in there.  I was all set!
I woke up around 9am to do a quick clean up of my apartment since I knew I was going to be out all day.  Then I slowly got ready.  My friend wanted us to be at the restaurant around 11:30am to help set up.  The funny thing about this day was the weather.  It was unseasonably warm.  In the upper 40s.  If I would have known how warm it was going to be, I would have worn a dress, but instead I wore what I had planned all along.  A black sweater with an attached cape and faux leather panel leggings.  I was hot!!  Not to mention, the shower was being held at Quartino's restaurant.  Part of the table arrangements were 5 head candlestick candles and votives  displayed throughout the area.  There was even a fire place on!!  Go figure!
We did our best to setup the tables before the guests started arriving.  We had the upstairs area from 1-4pm.  The mom-to-be had a decorating table so people could paint and decorate baby onesies and wooden blocks for her future son.  That was a pretty fun idea!  Everyone enjoyed decorating.  We also got a chance to play bin-the-baby-in-the-belly with the cutout babies I printed out.  We enjoyed playing it from the last baby shower we attended, and as usual, it was a hit.
Time flew by quickly!  The staff at the restaurant reminded us that we had the room until 4pm and it was a Saturday after all.  They needed to clean up right away, so we didn't have time to linger around.  My friends wanted to grab drinks afterwards, but we opted to meet up later on.  My feet were killing me.  I went home and passed out for over an hour.  Next thing you know, it was time to get back up again.  This cycle needs to stop, I swear!  lol.  I agreed to it because the mom-to-be was celebrating her birthday as well.  It fell earlier that Tuesday.  They were also hosting some friends who flew into Chicago for this shower, so off we went at it again.  Stay tuned for part 2!   


Baby blue cake! 


Decorating table...


 We hung up the onesies as part of the decorations.  People would grab a onesie and make their way to the decorating table..


Quartino provided a buffet for the party.  There was margarita pizza as well...



Wishes for baby on a onesie!
Pin-the-baby-in-the-belly!




Time to measure the belly...




The mommy-to-be wore baby blue!  I wish I wore something more colorful but I assumed it was going to be freezing since it usually is in January.  Regardless, this shower was in River North after all, so I kind of fit in.  LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment