Thursday, February 25, 2016

Artic Blast!

Well here it goes again.  Just when you think we got away with having a mild winter, it comes knocking down our door.  What can you do?  It is still February after all. 
So far the winds have picked up, but the snow hasn't accumulated.  I'm praying this is all we get, but unfortunately, this winter advisory is going on till 2 AM.  We're not out of the loop just yet.  I can't believe last Saturday the temperatures reached 60 degrees!  What a tease!
On Saturday, me and my friends went over to Marina Towers where my friend lives.  She is about to have a baby, and figured this is the only weekend she'll be able to see all of us until her baby arrives.  Then it's mommy time.  We did the same thing to our other friend last summer.  One last girl's night out until who-knows-when we will all be able to get together.
It's true.  Once she had her baby it was nearly impossible for all of us to be in the same room at the same time.  I am realizing that my friends have moved onto the next stage of their lives.  I pray they make the right choices for their newfound family.  It's hard!  Although we shared some mommy stories, it transitioned over to gossip on other friends of ours who are having divorces.  So many changes in our circle, yet not all of us are going to get what we want out of life. 
I ended up getting to Marina Towers early out of the group.  My friend who lives there was on her way in from running errands.  To kill some time, I headed over to the Virgin Hotel.  I wanted to check out the rooftop but it wasn't open yet.  I made my way to the 2nd floor where the main bar area was.  So far so good.  I loved the library décor.  There was a couple of couches in there and people were enjoying their conversation comfortably.  I definitely want to come back and head up to the rooftop.  It got my curiosity going.
Eventually my friend showed up and I ran over to her place.  The rest of the girls followed through.  We had a great time!  My other friend brought her little daughter.  I love the fact that we are able to share these moments with one another.  She is truly PRECIOUS!!
She is soooooooooooo cute!!!

We love her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment