Thursday, February 4, 2016

Birthday Baby Shower Part 2

The funny thing about the later part of the evening is that it lasted as long as the afternoon part.  Socializing can go past the wee hours of the night.  Which is why I'm glad I took a power nap when I got home from the shower.  I knocked out hard.  The mommy-to-be rested up as well, and we all decided to meet up around 10pm.  I didn't have time to find something else to wear, so I ended up wearing the same thing again.  It was a hit at the shower.  Everyone liked my sweater and leggings combo.  I felt it looked clubby in the afternoon but now it looks perfect for the evening.  lol. 
I didn't even bring out my coat this time.  It was useless earlier and I figured I'll be jumping in an out of cabs anyway.  We met up at the Hampton Social and had a nice crowd there.  I rode with my friends who are parents to their adorable one year old.  They haven't officially been out since the birth of their daughter, and they figured they can test it out to see if she'll be ok with the sitter.  I was glad they came out.  They needed some nightlife action. 
My mommy-to-be friend seemed fine and she was enjoying herself.  The due date is next month, and it's probably one of the last times she'll be able to be out in a long time.  She's very excited to meet her baby.  Yet tonight we were out to celebrate her birthday.  Let the party continue...
We wanted to jump to another location after a while and settled for the speakeasy downstairs of Hampton, called the Bassment.  It was super cozy inside.  Although the Hampton Social resembles a beach house with white walls and décor, the Bassment was the complete opposite.  It was dark with gold accents.  If it wasn't for the flash of my camera, I would not have known how it truly looked in there.  lol.
Everyone took a sip off a gin rubber ducky drink that came in a bathtub.  It was too cute!  The rest of the night was mostly conversation and jazz music.  I opted out of the late night dining part and headed to bed.  I was too pooped to do anything anymore.  The next day my friends wanted to meet up for brunch but I was sound asleep.  I didn't meet up later on for dinner either.  I miss my bumday Sundays plus I would have been wiped out for work again.  This will soon come to an end come Ash Wednesday... 

Checking out the Hampton Social with the birthday girl.  Her dress hides her bump perfectly!
 The Bassment is downstairs.  Love the décor!


 Rubber- ducky gin cocktail served in a mini bathtub!



Passing the ducky around...

No comments:

Post a Comment