Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's Groundhog Day!

I can't believe January flew by!  Now that we're in February, I'm worried that's going to fly by too.  What's important for me is to acknowledge that I did pay off that huge debt and to move onto other things I want to accomplish.  I had another eventful weekend and that led me to decide what I'm giving up for Lent this year.  Let's see if I can make this happen!
Last weekend literally wore me out.  I did too much on Friday, and it crossed over onto Saturday.  I had such a sluggish week at work because I never caught up on sleep.  I was more upset of myself on handling too much.  For the record, I knew of the birthday celebration I had to go to that Saturday.  I should have rested up on Friday and not went out.  I took a hardcore nap that day, and when I woke up, I had to get ready again for dinner plans we made at Roka Akor.  I really did it this time!  I showered up and slicked my hair on a bun and off I went. 
I was late to dinner but luckily they sat the rest of the party down at our table.  I hate having people wait on me.  I had a million things running in my head but I knew it was time to relax and have some fun (AGAIN).  My nerves were getting the best of me but I did some reading beforehand to calm down a bit.  I hate getting nervous, especially when I have to be "on" around people.  At the end I realized I am a grown woman and can take care of myself, no matter what someone thinks of me.  I did take control of my nerves and worked the crowd.  I was there for the birthday boy and I wanted him to have fun.  Roka was having restaurant week and I decided on the pri fixe menu.  $44 set price included a cocktail drink; appetizer; main course and dessert.  Not bad!
After dinner we made our way to Fremont.  I've been to that location when it was American Junkie so it was nice seeing the new changes they made to the venue.  We made our way to the second floor where we had table service reserved for the birthday boy.  What started out slowly turned into an exciting night out!  We were dancing in no time!  I had so much fun there.  The crowd was getting smaller once we left Fremont, but the party didn't want to stop there.  We caught a limo on the way out and made our way to Shay.  I stayed out as late as I could but I was pretty beat.  At least the birthday boy enjoyed himself! 




Complimentary Cocktail!

Yellowtail sashimi for appetizers!




Black Cod for main dish.  Very buttery!


Table service at Fremont!







The birthday boy and me


 I had a blast!


Taking as many selfies as we can before we get to Shay...


Front door service...


 I can't believe I lasted this long!  I was super tired!!



SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...


No comments:

Post a Comment