Tuesday, February 23, 2016

One year anniversary...

I had a pretty eventful weekend again.  Nothing big, but it did keep me busy.  I went out to dinner on Friday and on Saturday me and my friends got together.  I didn't get a chance to talk to my mom either nights.  On Sunday I tried to call her, but her phone went straight to voicemail.  I finally talked to her last night.  That's when she reminded me that today will be the one year anniversary of her husband's death.  She sounded so sad.  I felt terrible because I knew it was coming up, but the exact date escaped my mind.
Some people say it will get easier; but what does that mean?  I know for my mom, this past year was very overwhelming for her.  For the first time in years she had to think for herself and not rely on her husband.  I can see that it is difficult for her to figure things out.  And I can relate.  Before my breakup 3 years ago, me and my boyfriend had plans.  All that had to change in a course of a few weeks and I never had the option to say what I wanted.  Everything happened so quickly.
I pray that my mom will find hope in moving on.  I pray that she will get some insight on what she would like to do for herself.  I wonder if there was anything she ever wanted to do; but hasn't?  Her retirement will be here in no time.  I want to be able to make some of her dreams come true, (if I could).
On Friday I was invited to dinner at Tanta Chicago.  Since I was observing Lent, I got a chance to indulge in the cebiche mixto which consisted of fish, squid, and shrimp.  Add plantain chips and it was delish!  The seafood sashimi with scallops was perfect.  Light but right.  We also ordered the plancha marina which was basically a stir fried seafood platter with vegetables.  I was pretty much satisfied but since I couldn't eat any of the carne, I know I have to come back and try some of their traditional plates.  I devoured two pisco sours and I was done for the evening.  I'm glad I went home because I got a chance to run my errands in some beautiful weather.  It reached nearly 60 degrees that Saturday!
I can't wait to go back!  Loved it!


I love a chilled evening...


  
Pisco Sours were wonderful!  I'm craving one right now...


I wore a simple tee with black skinny jeans.  I'm addicted to my bomber jacket because it has fleece sleeves.  I feel like I'm wearing a sweatshirt!  lol

   

No comments:

Post a Comment