Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Little Tea Party!!!

Back in August I attended a tea party at the Drake Hotel for my friend's bridal shower.  I had no idea what was going on, since my invitation was lost in the mail.  I ended up finding out at the last minute.  Apparently there was a dress code for this event.  "Think pastels and florals; like the English countryside", someone said.  Umm.  What?  I live in Chicago.  I have no idea how the English dress.  There was also a no MAXI DRESS rule too.  Now this is getting tricky.  Since I found out the night before, I had no time to shop around.  Hence, I found a day dress in my closet that I had worn to a work function before.  This will have to do.  My friends cringed when I mentioned it was brown.  Whatever.  I can't imagine them taking this too serious over there. 
Me and my friend arrived fashionably late (20 mins), but we beat out our other friends and the bride-to-be-herself.  So technically, we were on time.  lol.  They seated us and handed us a glass of champagne.  So far me likey!  There were finger sandwiches to munch on as well as different variations of teas for us to try.  I have to admit it was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be.  The bride-to-be arrived in her very Kate Middleton attire along with a matching pink hat.  Afterwards we headed down to the Lincoln Hotel for some rooftop action.  It was an eventful Saturday indeed.  It got my mind off my upcoming trip to Paris and Italy.  2 weeks prior to my trip I was having very bad anxiety.  I HATE FLYING.  I'm glad this tea party fell on my lap.  It's what I needed for the moment.  My next post will be about PARIS!!!  I can't wait to tell you all about it!     
A photo of the invitation that was lost in the mail...

My brown day dress.  At least it's a light colored brown...

Munchies!


Pastels and florals; lol

We had a great time...

English countryside...

Check out baby Zoe's pose!  She's a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment