Thursday, November 12, 2015

We got TURBULENCE! Part 2

After a 2 hour flight, I landed in Bari airport in Italy.  It was an hour away from the town where my friend lived.  AGAIN no working wifi.  What's up with these airports?  Regardless, I was super groggy as I walked over to claim my luggage.  I had a knot in my stomach praying it would be there since I went through that crazy ordeal at Beauvais airport.  I sighed a sense of relief when I saw my suitcase.  I waited outside for my friend.  She was late, which was fine because it gave me some time to people watch.  Now that I was in Italy, I noticed the interactions within Italians.  They are much more animated than French people.  I almost forgot how they were since I've been away.   
My friend was excited to see me.  Me?  I was trying my best to stay awake.  I still had the antidepressants and melatonin in my system.  My friend drove to nearby Trani so we could have dinner, but I couldn't keep my eyes open.  "Let's walk around and find a restaurant.  You need to eat."  That made things worse.  I was dizzy and felt we were walking around in circles.  She really wanted to go to Le Lampare Al Fortino; a $$$$ restaurant located by the harbor.  It was beautiful, but I had no appetite whatsoever.  She wanted me to experience fine dining at it's best, yet I was useless.  I just wanted to sleep.  I felt bad because she mentioned she hasn't been out in months, and here I was ruining things for us on our 1st night together.  We settled for Il vecchio E Il Mare next door; a cute bar overlooking the sea.  Some light bites will do for me.  In typical Italian fashion, we ordered a glass of wine and that was it!  I was knocking out at the table.  My friend knew she couldn't save this night even if she wanted to.  She drove us back home while I slept the whole way.  I didn't even change out of my clothes.  I headed for the guest room and it was lights out for me. 


Too bad I didn't have an appetite for Le Lampare Al Fortino.  It's breath taking!

We needed reservations but I think they could have accommodated us...

Until next time!  Definitely on my bucket list!

Next door at Il Vecchio E II Mare.  Olive oil and tomatoes bruschetta..

Octopus bruschetta...

No comments:

Post a Comment