Friday, November 6, 2015

Paris is Always a Good Idea Part 3

I spent my first day getting to know Paris from the outside.  Now I wanted to get to know the Louvre Museum from the inside!  I wanted to get up early to head down there to avoid the long lines, but again, jet lag kept me sleeping til 11am!!  HERE WE GO AGAIN!  I quickly got ready and made my way back to the metro to get to the Louvre.  Once I got to the entrance, I was feeling much better.  I didn't wait too long.  I have a feeling as the day got later the lines looked longer.  Maybe tourists sleep in late like me?  Regardless, I was overwhelmed of the size of the museum.  It was a bit chaotic as well.  I personally feel the Vatican Museums in Rome where much more organized, but here there were people everywhere.  A word of caution if you don't like crowds. 
Once I found the area where the infamous Mona Lisa was, it began another cat-and-mouse game to find out where exactly it is.  I love looking at art, and was discouraged when I didn't get a chance to see as much when I was in Rome last summer.  Here, it was just me, and it felt liberating to observe these priceless works of art.  I felt privileged to be there.  Everything was beautiful!  I  spent a couple of hours there wandering about. 
Line not so long on this beautiful sunny day!

Inside the infamous triangle entrance!

Is it me or does it look like he's taking a selfie?

The Winged Victory of Samothrace



MONA LISA!!

Had to take a selfie of course!

Grande Odalisque

The Death of Sardanapalus



Venus di Milo!!



Hermaphrodite

Outside the louvre where I decided to rest but then had to leave abruptly...


Had some macrons to hold me over til dinner...


Getting out of the Louvre was a challenge too, since now the museum was packed with tourists.  I stepped outside and wanted to rest for a bit.  I saw people laying out at a park at the Louvre.  I figured I should do the same thing.  I wanted to find the Champs Elysees to knock that off my bucket list, but my feet were killing me.  I laid out my jean jacket and plopped on top of it.  I had my sunglasses on and was slowly resting when I saw something in the corner of my eye.  A man was peaking from out of the hedges and was looking at me.  I think he was checking to see if I was sleeping or not.  Here we go again with the pick-pocketing!  My purse was next to me but I know this man was up to no good.  I quickly got out of there and he scurried away.  How frustrating!  I needed to rest badly and this man messed this up for me.  I headed back to the hotel for a nap.  Now my plans have changed a bit, but I figured I'll look for the Champs Elysees and then go out to dinner for some French cuisine!  I also wanted to go out for a bit and check out the night life.  Unfortunately, I had to get up in the morning to catch my train to the airport, so I knew I wasn't going to be out late.  My nap helped out a lot, but my feet were still killing me.  The weather the 1st day in Paris was in the 60s, but this day got close to 80 degrees.  I was hot!  Now that's it's later, I decided to wear a long sleeved mini dress and accessorize it with my Alexander McQueen leopard scarf.  I wanted to bring my heels with, but I couldn't think about wearing them out at all.  I opted for my lace up flat sandals and hoped I didn't look too casual out in the town. 
I rode back on the metro to finish my bucket list!


No comments:

Post a Comment