Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Saturday Night Dinner Party...

Since my friend got drunk at the BIG PARTY, she had a terrible hangover the next day.  I was tired myself from being out all night.  We bummed around the house til we started to feel better.  That wasn't into later in the afternoon, around 5pm.  My friend wanted to keep it low key that night, so she suggested cooking a big dinner.  She invited some friends to come by, and they all agreed!  It was a nice change of pace from the night before.  She made some eggplant parmesan which was delish.  Since she knew I'm not a cook at all, she had me prepare some of it so I could learn.  I hope mine turns out as well as hers!  Everyone loved it!  We stayed up past midnight talking and had a lot of laughs.  As awkward as it sounds, sometimes things do get lost in translation, and it comes out funny if anything.  At this point, I can understand Italian about 50% of the time, compared to nothing at all when I visited last year.  I've been taking up lessons on my own, but I need to be consistent.  I want to keep learning so the next time I come I can be more fluent.  The part that's hard for me is to speak it back to someone.  I'm hopeful that I will be able to learn this language without sounding bad.  The next day we had some good sleep and decided to drive to a nearby town, Matera.  This town was one of the locations where the Passion of Christ was filmed, and I can understand why!  Everything looks preserved from the biblical times.  Beautiful stone homes and scenic views.  I felt closer to God there.  It was scorching that day too!  We walked a lot and decided to squeeze in another town nearby before we headed back home.  We drove to Altamura and did some window shopping.  It was an awkward day in general, for me and my friend started to argue about stuff.  It's hard when no one is wrong.  As any relationship goes, there comes a time when no one is right.  Looking back, I'm glad we put this behind us.  I love her too much to argue over something that is beyond our control... 
We ended up passing by Bari before we drove into town.  Since Bari is a metropolitan town, we checked out the Mac Store for some makeup.  My friend cannot find this stuff in her town.  She has to make a trip out here in order to get her products.  We made up that night.  We decided to checkout Napoli the next day.  We needed some more adventure for our trip!
The dinner table is ready for the evening!











Adding the layers to our eggplant parmesan...



Beautiful Matera!

An attempted selfie.  At this point you can see the tension in my face...

Sassi di Matera

No pics allowed but I did sneak this one in...

Window shopping in Altamura...

The central church in Altamura...

An evening in Bari made everything better...

No comments:

Post a Comment