Monday, November 16, 2015

Pray For Paris...Pray For LOVE!

It's hard for me to watch the news since the terrorism attacks on Paris.  I think about the people I interacted with during my time there.  I pray that they are safe.  I'm also mourning the loss of the victims involved and everyone else affected in this senseless tragedy.  The French are tough.  There's no doubt about it!  I'm saddened by the state of our nation; the state of our world.  So much suffering in all walks of life.  I don't know whose right or wrong anymore.  All I know is that innocent people are trapped in the middle and they are the ones who are dying everyday in a war that we have no control over.  How do we win?  How can we live on this earth when so many people are angry at one another?  My heart breaks.  I can't help but pray for peace over and over again. 
I haven't gotten a chance to talk to my friend in Italy.  To be quite honest, she did not want to meet me in Paris.  She was afraid something was going to happen.  We argued about it for weeks til I finally gave up trying to convince her.  I went alone.  I thought she was over reacting.  Never in a million years did I think the unthinkable.  I felt confident I'll be fine.
I WAS fine in the end.  But I feel I missed a close call.  Living in Chicago all my life, we've had our share of threats.  I feel immune to the news.  Our local crime makes national headlines.  It's a tough city to live in.  I've become jaded to our way of living here.
I am grateful I've had the experience to get to know Paris.  And I will return one day.  Now that we are in high alert, it's something to think about in the future as far as traveling is concerned.  It's time to lay low with friends and family and wait it out.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Back to recapping my trip to Italy, me and my friend headed back to town after Monte Sant 'Angelo to get ready for the BIG PARTY.  It's the last party for the winery til next year, so we needed to make an appearance.  I wore the same racerback midi dress I wore for my birthday, except in red.  I loved the fit and wanted to buy another color, especially since it was a steal.  I love forever 21.  Sometimes you can find great pieces SUPER CHEAP!  I take care of my stuff so I can make it last a bit. 
We arrived at the party around 9pm.  People were barely making their way there.  We found our table and decided to start drinking.  I didn't want to get too crazy because I wanted to stay out late.  It's Friday night for pete's sake!
Luckily we got some food as well, as the wine started to make us giggly.  I missed my friend so much.  We laugh about anything.  She was happy for a change.  It's been hard for her to make friends out there.  I completely understand.  Americans and Italians are so different.  She feels they don't understand her.  Not to mention she's been the one adapting to their lifestyle.  It's hard living in a world that's not your own.
The band came on, but unfortunately, they played a lot of slow songs.  I think people were hoping they would liven things up a bit, but that was not the case.  It wasn't what they were expecting.  Me and my friend on the other hand were drinking too much to notice. 
Once the band finished, the party was dwindling down.  Me and my friend tried to mingle but that's when we realized she was pretty drunk.  Some friends were going out to a club, but she passed on the idea.  She did however, encourage me to go along, since she knew she wanted me to have fun out there.  I went and I had a blast.  I danced outside in a club playing house music!  I was so happy!  I felt good and I needed this desperately.  It wasn't the same experience as going out on my own in Paris.  That was more for my curiosity.  But here I was, dancing and mingling with strangers!  I felt alive!
I got home late that night.  I knocked out hard.  Looking back, I can definitely say I had one of the best times of my life that night.  As you get older, you realize it doesn't happen very often.  And now, in this state of terrorism,. I can't help but think if something were to happen, I've lived a great life.  It's sad to have to think in those terms of living everyday to its fullest.  You never know when it might be over. 
Love my dress although it's not forgiving...

Our table with some friends!  They were nice...

I miss her a lot.  She's tough on me but I need it sometimes...

All smiles at the big party!

A night to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment