Friday, November 13, 2015

It's Friday the 13th!

TGIF!  Friday the 13th always spooks me a bit, but recapping my trip to Italy back in August always makes me feel better.  I think for me, traveling is a way to experience a new world that I haven't been exposed to before.  Although this was my 2nd time in Italy, I visited different cities/ towns than I did before.  I have a broader view on Italians and their life style, and truly appreciate my visit there this time around. 
The weather in Italy was HOT!!  It was finally the weekend and my friend reminded me of the BIG PARTY finale later on.  Now that I got some good sleep, we figured we'll stay close by so we can have time to get back and get ready for the fiesta.  I was down for anything, especially since I knew we were going to have a long night. 
We had breakfast and got ready to head to a nearby town.  The weather was scorching.  It was hard to pack for this trip because the temperature was different in both Paris and Italy.  I did bring more day dresses than last time.  I wanted to blend in more with the locals.  My friend explained to me that Italians don't wear much shorts and that's pretty much what I wore last time.  lol.
We headed off to Monte Sant'Angelo and walked around for a bit.  It was a pretty town with adorable shops for pasta and bread.  My friend bought the local bread for us to have later on.  Usually every town is known to make bread differently, along with pastries and pasta dishes.  I love being able to try different things, so I was looking forward to it.  We did a tour of the Sanctuary there and decided we should have pranzo here before we drive back.  Usually our drives were no less than an hour long, and after all the walking we did, we got hungry. 
We found a beautiful outdoor restaurant and made friends with the chef.  He was eager to please, so we chatted up a storm about wine and food.  Everything was great!  I was walking on air.  It was nice to finally relax a bit.  The chef wanted to show us his bed and breakfast on the corner.  We figured we should do a quick tour since he was so hospitable.  He was super excited about having us "like" his page on Facebook.  I guess not many Chicagoans travel out here...


Aren't their shops adorable?

Il Sanctuary di Monte Sant' Angelo

No more photos past this point.  Too bad because it was beautiful...

It was siesta time when we were here...

My shift dress of the day!

Pranzo at Li Jalantunnmene...

Insalata with figs and cheese!  YUMMY!!

Happy chef! 

Did a quick tour of his bed & breakfast...

Loved the décor!


We had a great time at Monte Sant' Angelo!

No comments:

Post a Comment