Thursday, October 29, 2015

A weekend with my friend..

Back in August, one of my friends came over to hangout.  We talked and caught up with what's going on, but we were having a hard time figuring out what to do.  We could have easily stayed in, especially since it started to rain when she came over.  But after a glass of wine, and when the rain stopped, we decided to head down to Logan Square to check out my friend's restaurant.  It opened last summer, and I felt TERRIBLE I haven't been able to check it out.  Hence, here was my opportunity to see how things were going for him.
Masada is a middle eastern restaurant which features live music and dancing.  I loved the décor when I walked in!  I felt I was in a far away destination!  We found the owner and chatted with him on how things have been.  It was a pretty cool evening.  We smoked hookah and danced the night away.  I love surprise evenings...
The next day my friend invited me to the Cuban Festival in Reis Park.  I've never been before and was excited to see what all the hype was about.  Of course, there was plenty of salsa music, and food galore.  Luckily it didn't rain on us.  I loved seeing people dance!  I'm a terrible salsa dancer, but watching everyone gave me the itch to try to learn.  I ended up taking lessons after softball season was over.  I didn't have the guts to show off my moves, but it definitely made me want to improve on my skills.  Practice makes perfect!
Afterwards we headed back to Masada for more Arabic fun!  My friend wanted to show her boyfriend the new place we discovered, and he loved it as well.  In a weird sense, that weekend felt like a mini getaway.  It's nice to feel "away" sometimes...
With the owner of Masada restaurant...

Having fun with the hookah!

Dancing the night away...

The next day checking out the Cuban Festival in Reis Park,

Hanging out in the cigar section...

I love these two...

Good times

LOVED the live music! 

Back at Masada after the festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment