Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October Blues

One of the things that drive me CRAZY about seasons changing is the fact that Chicago is never consistent.  It's never a gradual thing, that's why I feel I don't get to enjoy fall altogether because it jumps right into winter.  Not to mention, we are the windy city and it plays a major role in our weather forecast.  Right now it's been pretty gloomy and we've had mist/ rain all weekend.  I'm beginning to miss the sun terribly.  Looking back on July's events isn't helping either, but at least it makes me smile knowing I tried my best to enjoy my summer.
First up, July 4th!  Since this year it fell on a Saturday, Chicago was pretty empty by Thursday.  Lots of people travel back home for the holidays, so for the most part, things seem pretty quiet around here.  I went to a rooftop party to watch the neighborhood fireworks go off.   I LOVED IT!!  Neighborhoods were battling with each other on who threw the best show.  At one point, you didn't know where to look for some firework action!  I had a great time catching up with my friends...
The following weekend I headed out on a boat for a birthday party.  Everybody brought something to munch on.  We headed out to the Playpen on Lake Michigan.  For those who don't know, the "Playpen" is a spot right in front of the Chicago skyline where boats meet up and chain themselves together in order to have a huge party out on the lake.  There's music and dancing plus you get to make new friends.  The water was pretty choppy that day, and we didn't get a chance to stay out there too long due to the weather, but we had a blast regardless.  So far July was alright... 
Watching the fireworks go off on a rooftop party.  Are you excited about the new Star Wars movie?

My friend's baby is wearing her red, white and blue ensemble!

Poor baby looks tired here; but she was a trooper!

Boat party action the following weekend!

Too bad the water was to choppy and it started to rain on us.  It was my only time on the boat this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment