Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Longest DAY of the year...

Re-capping July is much easier today.  The temperatures reached 77 degrees!!!  Chicago is very happy right now, plus the Cubs won the Wild Card game which entered them into the playoffs.  Yes, the Cubs are in the playoffs to win the World Series.  We're thrilled to see them reach this far.  Let's pray they keep going!!
The firm that I work for has two parties that everyone looks forward to.  One is the summer party where you can bring a guest, and the other is the holiday party which is for employees only.  This year's summer party was held at the Godfrey Hotel, which I LOVE because it's one of my favorite spots in the city.  Usually for work parties, I try to find a dress I can wear since it's something that doesn't happen very often.  I have friends that love to wear dresses, but for me, I have to really love it in order to get it in the first place.  I found this shift dress at H&M on sale, and people kept complementing me all day at work.  Not bad for $10!  I knew by the weather forecast that it was going to be HOT that day, so I had to look for something that would keep me cool.  The dress worked out perfectly for me. 
Our party started after 5pm with a trolley ride down LaSalle street.  Once we got up there, we made our way to the bar since it was scorching already.  The temperature was 95 degrees!!  We tried our best to keep cool, but the sun was beating on us the whole time.  I was pleasantly surprised people stuck around as long as they did.  The Godfrey Hotel is a gorgeous venue, so I know people wanted to enjoy the party as much as they could.  We made the most of our time there and left with the night still young.  It was over by 9pm, which worked out fine for me because I had to make it to another party later on, this time at a nightclub.  Thinking back, I can't believe I stayed out late as I did.  It's exhausting just thinking about it....lol.
Bring out the beer!

Staying cool under the hot sun!

Despite the HOT temperatures, we had a good time...

My paisley print shift dress from H&M!

Trying to find some shade for pics.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment