Friday, October 2, 2015

Finishing up the month of June!

So far 2015 has been a difficult year but it didn't stop me from doing the things I wanted to do.  I struggled with days wondering if I would ever experience joy again, but then, out of nowhere, something wonderful would happen.  It's easy to disregard good thoughts when you feel you should be mourning, especially when there is a death in the family.  But Life can be beautiful, and you shouldn't ignore those precious moments.  Friends are your second family, and it was great whenever I got a chance to see them.  You wonder about the people who come in and out of your life.   Whether it's by choice or not, sometimes you get lost in the shuffle. 
Following up my birthday, was Father's Day, which fell on that Sunday.  On Friday for my actual birthday it was a brisk 68 degrees.  Hence me wearing my birthday-gift to myself.  On Saturday it warmed up to 77, but the rain wouldn't stop, putting a damper on the Taste of Randolph Fest.  But on Sunday it was beautiful!  A perfect summer's day with temps hitting 82 degrees!  I was excited that my friends wanted to get together and try the fest again.  I made my way down before I met up with my family later on.  It was nice walking around and soaking up the sun.  I didn't want to head out so soon, but my dad's wife wanted to have a Father's Day dinner.  My dad appreciated us showing up.
The following weekend, a friend was relocating to another city, so we decided to celebrate his new transition.  I often thought about relocating myself, but for the time being, I want to make sure my mom is ok.  We painted the town red!  Started off at Siena Tavern (my first time there) and then danced the night away at Underground.  I saw so many familiar faces that night.  People I haven't seen in 10 years!  It's funny how some things never change.  People chasing something they can't put their finger on.  I wish someone would catch me.  I'm right here.
Perfect Sunday for the Taste Of Randolph Fest!



Good luck on your move!

First round of drinks at Siena Tavern!

Underground with new friends!

This place is always packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment