Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Friendsgiving

Last Saturday I went to my very first Friendsgiving.  I have to say, I’ve been down lately.  I can’t help but feel guilty about the holidays coming up.  My friend just lost someone very close to her, and I wonder about her well-being.  It dawned on me how this time of year can trigger a lot of emotions, especially loneliness.  I guess that’s where Friendsgiving comes into play.
Let’s face it.  Sometimes we can’t choose our family.  But friends are a different story.  These are people who know you best, yet choose to spend time with you, confide in you, and love you unconditionally, no matter what.  I’m very grateful I have a set of good friends whom I cherish to death.  Despite not really being in the mood for holiday cheer, I showed up at the last minute to my first Friendsgiving.  I loved seeing my friends, although I was quiet most of the night.  I know tomorrow is going to be a lot for me.  I’m not feeling very talkative, but this is the only time I get to see most of my family all in one room.  It’s hard to get together with our hectic schedules.
I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving.  If by chance, you are spending it alone, watch a good flick on tv or catch up on book you’ve been wanting to read.  I am a huge fan of self-help books and the one I recommend is Big Magic.  Everyone has a purpose here on this earth, and this book will wake up your inspiration.  Until next time…

I wore a cowlneck sweater in camel.  The color is making a comeback this season.

I didn’t take any pictures there but this one.  I’ve never seen a bottle like this.  Too cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment