Monday, December 4, 2017

Thankful

Hello everyone.  I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.  I wanted to recap mine because I am doing something crazy again.  I found out I had some days left for the year to take off from work so I booked another trip.  I am flying out tonight.  Once we got back to work from the holiday I was busy trying to catch up with everything.  Then we were working on the schedule for the next few weeks and that’s when I found out about my extra days. I did not want a staycation so I jumped online to see what I could find.  Then voila!  A great deal appeared and I couldn't pass it up.  Let me recap Thanksgiving so I don’t get too far behind on my posts:
I was a little emotional for Thanksgiving Thursday.  With so much happening these past few weeks the holidays crept up on me.  I felt sad.  Some people won’t be celebrating with their loved ones and it hit me hard.
Once at my aunt’s I was mostly quiet.  I will say that if you do find yourself in a room full of people; let them speak.  It was nice hearing conversations instead of my thoughts going through my head.  I learned to appreciate my family’s stories about growing up in Guatemala.  They came so far away to be here.
My aunt did a great job hosting.  The food was delish.  In the end I did enjoy my time with them.  I pray everyone in my family remains together and safe.

I wore a preppy look for dinner 

The table is all set




My lovely cousins.  I am so proud of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment