Thursday, December 28, 2017

Two days in Paris AGAIN! Part Two

This is the part that frustrated me a bit.  Realizing when I got up that it was my last full day in Paris.  Again.  I was robbed a day in Paris because of the Iceland mishap.  But I was determined to make the most of it. 
I woke up and got ready to head to the Musee d’Orsay.  I’ve been wanting to go to this museum for a while.  Two years ago I was in Paris and walked past it but didn’t get a chance to go inside.  I found out afterwards that it had Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” and my mind never stop thinking about going back.  At last this day had come!
I got off the Norte Dame stop on the metro and decided to see how long the line was to go inside the church.  It wasn’t too bad although it was a pretty windy that day.  Once I got inside I felt so relieved.  Christmas time at Norte Dame was so beautiful!!  I witnessed their nativity scene and even bought a Christmas decoration for my mom.  I felt so blessed!
It was raining in Paris.  Luckily I packed an umbrella.  Since I left out at a good time, the line wasn’t too bad to get in.  This museum was pretty impressive!  I spent a good two hours going from room to room, and even had lunch in the café.  I have to say, I was brought to tears when I saw Van Gogh’s room.  I absolutely adore him and was moved by the crowd.  So many people from all over the world admiring his work.  I felt a sudden rush of sadness when I realized how he ended his life.  If he only knew how special he was…
Afterwards I went back to the hotel to take a nap.  I am accepting the fact that I need to rest from time to time on my little trips.  I am getting older and it feels good to let my feet rest.  My other new friend that I met back in September wanted to have dinner with me as well.  I got up and made my way to the other side of the city.  I had to call her at an McDonald’s when I got wifi.  Unfortunately I got lost but she knew where I was.  It felt so good to see her. 
I followed her back to her apartment.  She made me some ramen and I devoured it.  It was nice catching up with her.  She had a new boyfriend since I last saw her and she seemed very happy with him.  We talked for a bit.  I enjoyed our conversation because I learned so much about her experience in Paris.  
I left after 10pm.  It took me almost an hour to get back to my hotel.  Once there, I thought about going to a bar to have my favorite champagne, but most bars closed around midnight.  It was pointless to go out for an hour.  I decided to stay in.
Looking back at my mini trip, I learned so much from my new friends.  I still keep in contact from the guys in Wisconsin that were stuck with me in Iceland.  I enjoyed my time with my Parisian friends.  I needed this badly despite everything that’s happened since I was there back in September.  So much has changed but my love for traveling has gotten stronger.  I’m not sure when I will head back on a plane.  But in the meantime, I will keep an open mind on where I will head to next!




























No comments:

Post a Comment