Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Mastro’s birthday dinner

Well the holidays are officially over.  I’m finally getting my rhythm back.  It’s been brutally cold here in Chicago, but I’ve managed to still make it to the gym.  I also managed to get through these past two weeks.
As usual, it was one event after the other.  I had friends that came into town.  The best part is I managed to see them all while they were here.  I’ve missed them so much.  It’s hard knowing even if they lived here we probably would have the same problem of trying to get together.  Keep in mind you also have to make time to see your family.  It’s all about balance and hoping people understand that you can’t make every gathering.
Once I got back from Paris I immediately had to go to a birthday dinner.  I am a pure breed Chicagoan, but am not a fan of steakhouses.  As you know, Chicago is a steakhouse city.  My friends absolutely LOVE Mastro’s and that’s what where we decided to go to celebrate.
With my anxiety on traveling, on top of other personal losses I endured over the past 2 months, I probably lost 5-7 lbs.  That’s a lot for my small frame.  Hence, I took this opportunity to wear a little black dress for the party.  Lol.  I knew I would not be able to wear it well any other time.
It was nice catching up with the girls.  We rarely get together to share stories and I had a lot to share.  We decided to end our Friday night there since it started to snow out of nowhere.  It was late and we didn’t want to take our chances driving home in these conditions.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!  I will try my best to catch up on my events.  One of my resolutions is to have my blog current (of course).  It’s a therapeutic thing for me and I hope you enjoy reading some of my silliness…









No comments:

Post a Comment