Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Sixth

I am an introvert at heart and although I love a great party; I get worn out with too many social settings.  Sometimes I need to lounge around in my apartment and think.  I would advise any introvert out there to listen to your thoughts and feelings.  Try to schedule a day to yourself and do not allow anyone else to pull you out of the house.  I cannot stress how many times people have tried to convince me to come out and join them when all I really wanted was the comfort of my apartment.  Back to recapping the holidays!  
Since Christmas Eve fell on a Sunday this year, I went out the night before with one of my friends who was in town.  We had a blast catching up at The Sixth by Lincoln Square.  Our cocktails were superb.  She ended up staying over my place and we had brunch in the morning.  It was our first snowfall here in Chicago.  I guess we lucked out in having a White Christmas after all.



I forgot to mention that once I got back from Paris and Iceland I had to take care of some business.  I had a doctor’s annual checkup and my mom’s closing all in one day!  I was actually proud of myself for pulling this off.  Regardless, I was happy we ended the ordeal on my mom’s house.  She was dipping into her retirement fund to take care of the mortgage and rent in her new apartment.  I’m hoping that she will be stress-free of money problems for a while.  It’s all about being responsible at this point.  We did celebrate with dinner afterwards.  It was nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment