Thursday, November 2, 2017

Shameless

Due to recent circumstances, I will be posting less frequently in order to take some time for myself.  Unfortunately, I’ve been hit with too many personal issues at once, and it’s beginning to take a toll on me.  I’ve been having a hard time sleeping, have been ill with a cold/cough, and feeling overwhelmed.  Despite this turn of events, I feel the need to be close to loved ones more than ever.  Some of my recent posts are bringing me back to the start of all of this.  I have to admit, it’s very hard for me.

Columbus Day weekend, my friend was visiting from out of town.  I was very excited to see her.  We use to work with each other back when I first started retail.  I loved our friendship very much.  When she left Chicago I was sad, but luckily she comes into town pretty often to visit her family.  On this trip we scheduled to see each other that Sunday.  We made plans to go to the mall.

Well that didn’t happen of course.  Lol.  She picked me up and confessed that she wasn’t feeling well herself, and wanted to go back to her sister’s place and chill like we use to do.  I didn’t mind one bit, but she did have a request for me.  She wanted to see the house from the series “Shameless.”  Even though I am a native Chicagoan, I didn’t recognize the show.  I rarely watch tv and it’s been that way for me for a while.  Most of the times, I have no idea what people are talking about when they mention Game of Thrones or Stranger Things.  I rather read a good self-help book.

We drove down to the neighborhood and tried to find the address.  My friend recognized it right away but we were unaware that people did reside in the house.  There was a family bbq happening in the front lawn, and we looked like stalkers driving up to it very slowly.  Despite my pleas to leave, my friend insisted I take a quick pic before she put the pedal to the medal.  I got the money shot and we drove away like bandits. 

Back at her sister’s we shared our little adventure.  Only she can make me do something so silly like that.  I miss her very much.  I wish we could work together like we use to.  We had a lot of fun when we did…

The Money Shot-  Shameless House 


No comments:

Post a Comment