Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Chris Chelios event at Untitled

This will be hard to recap due to recent circumstances.  I was asked to help out an event being held at Untitled.  I knew offhand that this will be a busy evening for us and it was!  We had over 300 attendees!  I came in at 5pm after work to help at the registration table, but people were already lining up to get their badges.  I never got a chance to fully grasp what I was supposed to do until it was too late.  We got bombarded at the table.  People were rushing in after work and they crowded around us all at once.  While the other girls checked off names I handed over badges as fast as I could.  I was trying my best to not get in the way, but at one point, we had too many people behind the table trying to move the line along.  We just said “Fuck it”, and gave up on checking in altogether.  We quickly handed out badges so people could get inside to see our speaker, hockey player Chris Chelios.  He was scheduled to speak at 6pm but the line was starting to wrap around the stairs!  Everything slowed down for us once we got the line moving, and Chris started his presentation.  It was nice to relax for a bit and unwind.  As the event was moving along, we had to set up books for people to grab on the way out.  This part wasn’t so bad, and we even had a chance to take a picture with the famous hockey player.  Looking back, I learned so much from this event.  We worked well as a team, and our main goal was for people to have a good time.  Luckily they did and we received some great feedback on our event.  I just don’t understand what happened after that.  I guess we’ll never know…




























No comments:

Post a Comment