Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Holloween

With the sudden death of our colleague, the mood at work has been sad altogether.  Many of us worked or interacted with him on a daily basis.  The thought of not seeing him around has my mind playing tricks on me.  I sometimes think he’s not truly gone forever.  This part of growing older has been the hardest for me.  I am an extremely sensitive person who constantly worries about friends and relatives.  It’s hard for me knowing one of them might be going through something difficult and not mention it.  I’m always praying for their safety.
We did a memorial for our colleague and it was beautiful.  I learned so much about him and his family.  It also gave us some closure as well.
Before you knew it, Halloween weekend was upon us.  I didn’t have any definite plans but had a costume ready just in case.  I woke up with the sniffles that Saturday but me and my brothers promised my mom we would help her move.  Unfortunately the sale of the house has stalled but we figured we should continue on with the move.  My mom found an apartment four houses down from  her place.  She wanted to stay in the neighborhood.
As the move went on, my friends were getting excited about Halloween.  We settled for Apogee; the newly renovated rooftop at the Dana Hotel.  I went home and quickly showered and changed into my costume.  Once there, we got our table together and had a great time.  After a somber week, it was nice seeing my friends.
I’m a Dutch Darling!

BEST costume we’ve seen!

Trick or treat 

Closing it out at Celeste 







No comments:

Post a Comment