Friday, August 3, 2018

World Cup Fever

My friend who moved to Michigan was in town leading up to July 4th weekend.  Because of the way it fell this year, she got a chance to extend her weekend leading up to the holiday.  I know she misses her friends and family a lot.  Regardless, she was craving her favorite restaurants while she was in town, especially Tango Sur.  This restaurant has been around for years and is located in the Southport neighborhood.  Since it’s B.Y.O.B, we decided to have some cocktails while we waited for everyone to show up.  We decided on The Music Box.  It was nice visiting classic spots of Chicago.  Once the rest of our friends arrived, we headed over to Tango Sur and opened a bottle of wine to indulge in.  I settled for some light bites while the rest ordered steaks.  It’s been a joke within our friends for years how I don’t have a huge appetite, but I’m not a thick steak eater.  I grew up with skirt steaks and usually crave those if I’m in the mood for red meat.  Afterwards we went to a neighboring bar to catch up some more before we called it a night.  
I didn’t realize how hooked I got following the World Cup this year.  Right around this time, my friends were very excited because Mexico beat Germany.  The next game for Mexico was the following Monday and some of my friends were calling off work to catch it live.  I was also communicating with my friends in Paris since France was doing so well.  Who knew back then how this was going to pan out?  Everyone was so hopeful for their teams…   








No comments:

Post a Comment