Monday, August 13, 2018

Chicago Summerdance 2018

I am so scared.  I get this incredible rush that goes straight to my stomach.  I’ve been trying to fight off feeling at least once a day.  My anxiety now has been giving me migraines, tension at the shoulders, as well as vivid dreams at night.  I’m pretty much miserable.
I finished a book on “Less is More” and have been going over my notes.  Sometimes, reading soothing passages makes me feel better.  I’m wondering if I should bring a book along this trip.  I am trying my best to be strong about this, but I’m so nervous.  I am also doing my best not to worry my mom about my insecurities.  She is going to be flying out to Mexico once I come back to visit her friends.  She hasn’t flown in over 20 years and I don’t want her to get the way I do.  I know through experience that fear is taught.  I  would feel horrible if I jeopardize this for her.  She is very excited.
Back to recapping my events in July.  My friend out of nowhere texted me that she was going to be downtown.  It was Friday, and I had just gotten out of work.  I wanted to do some window shopping, and decided to go to State street.  Luckily I was still in the neighborhood.  She was attending Chicago Summer Dance at the Spirit of Music Garden stage.  I made my way over there and found her with her family.  It was nice catching up to her.  I miss her a lot and wanted to see how things were going for her.  Jesse de la Pena was mixing too.  Chicagoans love a free house party!




No comments:

Post a Comment