Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thirsty Thursday at Star of Siam

I don’t get a chance to go out very often during the week.  A friend of mine wanted to meet up for dinner and I suggested Star of Siam.  I got there a bit early and left a reservation time for them before I headed out to Sable Kitchen and Bar.  They were across the street from one another.  I ordered a glass of rosé and spoke to a tourist at the bar.  She was visiting from Philadelphia.  I could see the stars in her eyes whenever she talked about how big Chicago was from her city.  She looked very excited to be here.  I sometimes feel bad that I don’t share the same enthusiasm about Chicago like I use to.  Our city has gone through tremendous changes over the years and I miss how things use to be.  We use to have very diverse neighborhoods, but now with gentrification happening everywhere, some places are beginning to look “the same”.  Oh well. 
Once my friend arrived we made our way to Star of Siam.  I wanted to eat a bit healthier, so I ordered the chicken pot stickers.  But that peanut sauce had me craving more and more.  I ended up eating the whole thing!  So much for that…






No comments:

Post a Comment