Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Def Leppard and Journey concert!

I obtained tickets to see Def Leppard and Journey at Wrigley Field and couldn’t be more excited!  I LOVE 80’s music and knew this was going to be a good show.  What I didn’t expect was the lack of enthusiasm by other people who just weren’t interested in going with me. I asked two people if they would like to come with me and they both laughed and said it wasn’t their thing.  Umm…HELLO??  These rock stars were the prime sound of pop rock music!  How can anyone NOT be interested in seeing them live?  I ended up asking a co-worker if he would come with me and he happily agreed.  Whew!  
I did my usual Saturday routine and cleaned up around the apartment.  A friend who stopped by to talk ended up taking me to the restaurant where I was supposed to meet my co-worker.  We ordered some cocktails before heading out to the show.  Unfortunately, we were under the impression that the Pretenders were going to start a bit later, but they didn’t.  They were the opening headliner and we missed a few songs.  But we caught some songs and they sounded great!
Next up was Journey with their new lead singer.  It was surreal listening to them again.  I remembered so many songs they played.  Once Def Leppard got on, the crowd was super pumped.  Journey had the crowd going and watching everyone sing along was electrifying.  I enjoyed my night out at Wrigely!  I have never been to a concert there before…









No comments:

Post a Comment