Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Beats on the beach!

One of the most surprising things about this summer is the yo-yo weather we’ve been having.  There would be 4 consecutive days of monsoon showers, followed by temperatures in the 60s!  Very fall-like and not warm at all.  Then out of nowhere it would creep up to the 90s with the humidity nearing 100 degrees!  My mom, along with my friends developed bad colds so far.  I have been battling migraines as well.  We’re thinking it’s because of the drop (or rise) in pressure.  It would get too extreme and it affects  people differently.  
The week of my birthday it was in the high 70s.  Considering the weekend before we were sweating like crazy for Pride Fest and Taste of Randolph now the temperatures consisted of wearing a light sweater to work.  I had bought tickets to see Guy Gerber dj at Castaways on North Ave Beach for Friday after work.  It had stormed earlier but luckily they were passing showers.  My brother was going to come with me but expressed his concern about the rain.  By the time he got off in the evening, we decided it was safe enough to go to the beach.  
I wore a sweater (lol) along with my thin bomber jacket to layer up.  Even though it wasn’t THAT COLD, I knew how the winds would be at the beach, especially since this event was happening around sunset.  My brother braved the cold wearing a sweater himself but opted to leave a jacket behind.  I think he knew he had made a mistake once we got there.  People were wearing leather jackets and boots.  It looked like a day out of October, not June.  We took some Jamo shots to warm up and eventually Guy Gerber came on and performed.  I’ve been wanting to see him for years but never made it out to his residency in Ibiza.  I’m sure he missed that warm weather himself! 
This, to me, was my birthday present to myself.  I got excited to see he was coming to Chicago and bought my tickets right away.  I’m glad my brother came with me and luckily he enjoyed the show.  That was some good house music!  I always love a good set…














No comments:

Post a Comment