Thursday, August 9, 2018

Hump Day July 4th

This year, July 4th fell on a Wednesday.  It was an odd day for many reasons.  Namely, most workplaces acknowledged the holiday on Wednesday only.  It was a nightmare leaving work on Tuesday with so much traffic.  I normally take the Blue Line to commute home, which also takes you to O’Hare airport.  The trains were packed of travelers heading out of town.  I laid low the rest of the evening since it took so long to get home.  I was invited by my friend who lives not far from me for a barbeque the following day.  I haven’t caught up with her in a while and I wanted to see how she was doing.  I couldn’t eat too much because my mom invited me and my brothers over for dinner.   What a feast!  I did my best to low carb it, but how can you not take advantage of classic July 4th barbeque?
My mom also gave me a be-lated birthday gift since I did not want to celebrate my birthday this year.  I’m telling you, I was not in the mood for it this year.  I have to say, it was sweet of her to do this.  I need to stop being a grouch about this…







No comments:

Post a Comment