Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Friday the 13th at Taste of Chicago

This summer Friday the 13th fell during the Taste of Chicago.  I decided to take a walk down to Grant Park after work to check it out.  I knew that I was I was going to be busy the following day.  I obtained tickets for the Def Leppard & Journey concert at Wrigley Field and wanted to be low key that evening, (I never go out on Friday the 13th btw).  It was another hot weekend in Chicago.  I was sweating up a storm once I got there.  I was craving a jibarito sandwich.  I figured I would walk in and walk straight out to enjoy my meal when I heard some house music playing.  I found the Chicago Summerdance stage and people were slowly gathering around.  I stayed for a bit and watched people dance.  I did not want to stick around when it closed because of the rush, so I left early.  Regardless, I’m glad I treated myself to my sandwich.  Quick fact:  the jibarito was invented here in Chicago!








No comments:

Post a Comment