Saturday, February 3, 2018

New Year’s Eve 2017

I can’t believe it’s already February but I’m barely recapping NYE.  Lol.  I am looking forward to resting up at my apartment this weekend.  I miss being home since I was away.  Not to mention, Super Bowl Sunday is happening and I’m very excited about watching Justin Timeberlake perform!  He’s one of my favs.
Believe it or not, I was not in the mood to celebrate NYE.  The year ended roughly for me and I just wanted the holidays to be over.  I DID cherish my time with my friends, but at night, I felt bad about other losses I encountered.  Sometimes Life throws you curve balls that you were not expecting.  It knocks us off of our feet.  But I was very fortunate to be around my friends and family.  They kept an eye on me.  I think this is what sometimes made me feel guilty.  Knowing that people were hurting while I was in a better mood.  I felt privileged but it made me question everything.  Having a support system is crucial, but I know that there are people who do not have this.  The only thing I can conclude is to reach out and make friends and try to open up to people in order to build relationships.  Life is meant to be enjoyed.  It all starts with YOU!
Luckily a friend of mine reached out and invited me to Booze Box.  I was invited to my family’s as well as another family gathering, but I did not want to be at an intimate setting.  I knew people would bring up the past year and recap but I needed the noise to distract me.  Booze Box was perfect, plus it gave me a chance to catch up with my friend since we last spoke.  I needed the attention on him.
In the end, the music helped out a lot, as well as laughing with random strangers.  I survived 2017…






No comments:

Post a Comment