Friday, February 16, 2018

Lunch in Windsor!

On my last day of my weekend getaway in Michigan, my friends woke up early to drop off their friend at the airport.  My train was set to deport at 6pm, so I had plenty of time to hangout.  Since we all went to bed so late, I didn’t hear them leave in the morning at all.  I had some crazy nightmares, too.  I woke up around 10am and could tell they were still sleeping.  I didn’t disturb them.  I jumped in the shower and got ready on my own.  I went downstairs and watched some good old cable (since I don’t have it myself) and waited for them to get up.  They eventually did, and we decided to have head to Windsor for brunch.
Windsor is right across the bridge from downtown Detroit.  We noticed there were a lot of people around and realized the Detroit Auto Show was taking place.  We finally made it to the tunnel to cross over and ended in Windsor.  This was my first time there, but it was pretty dead.  I guess a lot of businesses are closed on Sundays.
We made it to the restaurant and I ordered Pho.  It was delish!!  I couldn’t believe I almost had the whole bowl!  I barely eat my whole plate, but this was good. 
After lunch we went to a market so they could pick up some groceries for home.  My friend’s husband worried that we shouldn’t stay out too long since there’s always traffic at the border.  We decided to head back so we could enjoy downtown Detroit before I left out.
It was nice walking around.  There was some outdoor fest going on and we enjoyed it for a bit.  The drive to the train station wasn’t too bad.  I made a promise to my friend that I will be back in the summer to enjoy Michigan some more.  What a great little getaway!






No comments:

Post a Comment