Thursday, February 15, 2018

Detroit Institute Of Arts

The weekend I was visiting my friend who moved near Detroit, she warned me her and her husband had tickets to see Sesame Street at the Fox Theater.  Their son absolutely adored Sesame Street and was infatuated with Cookie Monster.  I mean, who wouldn’t be??  Lol.  She suggested dropping me and her friend to the Detroit Institute of Arts museum since it was near the theater.  We could kill some time there while they enjoyed the show.  Her husband made an amazing breakfast for us, and we quickly got ready afterwards.
Me and her friend walked in and were mesmerized by the Diego Rivera Detroit Industry murals.  We were probably in that room for over 30 minutes!  I was completely blown away by its size and detailing.  We slowly made our way around the other exhibits and took our time visiting the artwork of our favorite artists.  I’m glad her friend was just as interested in art as I was.  Sometimes it’s hard to go with a person who isn’t interested in this kind of stuff.
We also refueled at the restaurant/ café located in the museum.  I enjoyed people watching and despite it being a Saturday, was surprised how many people were around.  I think the Institute is a place many locals come to hangout (since it’s free for them).  Regardless, me and her friend had a good time.
When our friends came to pick us up, it was already late in the afternoon.  Her husband took us along a driving tour of their suburb.  We decided to head to a restaurant they’ve been wanting to check out for a while, and see if we could all get in.
Sure enough, there was a line out the door.  We waited for over an hour.  It was a Venezuelan restaurant and had great reviews.  I wanted to try their arepas.  Luckily, we didn’t wait too long for our food and everything was delish.  Unfortunately they did not serve alcohol, and we wanted to get back to their house for some wine they had received as a gift.
We spent the rest of the evening watching movies and drinking wine and catching up.  Her friend had an early morning flight out, but we stayed up past 1am just talking!










No comments:

Post a Comment