Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Dia De Los Reyes

The first week in January was FRIGID!!  It was dangerously cold and a lot of people called off from work.  When the temperatures drop down to 0 degrees there’s usually problems with the trains coming into the city.  It's the switchesthat direct the cars between tracks that freeze, and when a switch fails, it can compromise an entire line.  Hence, people are unable to get to work, let alone wait outside in the cold.  You are unable to do much but stay inside.  
For me, I just laid low.  The first weekend, my dad wanted to celebrate Dia de Los Reyes.  His wife made us dinner again, and me and my brothers came over that Saturday.  It was nice to get out of the house.  His wife even brought the Rosca De Reyes cake for dessert.  This traditional cake has a baby miniature Jesus inside.  Whoever gets Baby Jesus will be very lucky for the remaining of the year.  I had never celebrated this before so I wasn’t sure what to do.  We were supposed to take turns cutting a slice of the cake.  Well I went first and got Baby Jesus on the first try!!  Who knows??  Maybe 2018 will be my year!  Lol

Old boyfriend hoodie to use for layers in this frigid weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment