Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Aquarius Season

Happy Valentine’s Day everybody!!!  I hope everyone gets to enjoy the lovey-dovey experience today.  I love Valentine’s Day even if I’m single.  I told someone they are my Valentine’s this year and he seemed ok with it, so who knows???  Hahahahaha  A girl can only wish…
Around the middle of January I booked a train ticket to Detroit to visit my friend who moved out there a while back.  Her birthday weekend was coming up and I knew she’s been missing her friends here in Chicago.  Unfortunately when I brought up the idea to visit, everyone was busy that weekend.  I decided to go regardless, and she was excited I was coming down.
I don’t remember the last time I took an Amtrak train.  Since I work downtown, I took a half a day off from work and ran over to Union Station.  I arrived to Detroit 30 minutes later than anticipated.  I still don’t understand how that happened.
My friend and her family were excited to see me.  The best part was another friend of hers fly into Detroit from Baltimore.  He was going to arrive around 9pm.
We decided to head downtown and have a birthday cocktail in the meantime.  Detroit has definitely changed since my last visit over a year ago.  More new restaurants and bars have opened up.  I am excited to see what will be next for this city that has so much potential.
We picked up her friend at the airport and headed back to the burbs where my friend lives.  Luckily they picked a wonderful restaurant that was opened late.  We were having a great time catching up. 
That night we stayed up drinking champagne and munching on Sprinkles cupcakes.  One of the girls had picked some up for her birthday, and I brought them along on my trip.  They were delish!







No comments:

Post a Comment