Friday, September 8, 2017

Thai on Taylor Street

Finishing up recapping my weekend when my friends were in town from North Carolina.  The next day was Sunday and some of them had flown out earlier in the morning.  After church, I got a chance to meet up with one of the birthday boys and my girlfriend.  We decided to hit a fest on Taylor Street for the Taste of Italy.  Taylor Street was always known for being the street for Italian cuisine, but over the years, it has grown into a diverse community.  I rode the Blue Line over there and got off at UIC school and got an uber ride from there.  The air and water show was still taking place, so the traffic on the expy was insane.  I figured if I rode down there via transit, it would help me cut the traffic.  We decided to meet up at Ralph’s Cigars which was nice because I’ve never been there before.  Once our friend met up we walked in the festival.  It was crowded and hot, perfect for some Italian ice.  Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we figured we should get the birthday boy some real food instead.  He insisted on Thai food (lol) so we went to his favorite restaurant.  It was nice catching up to them.  I told them about my struggles with my mom and her anxiety.  They shared me their stories as well.  It’s nice to hear different perspectives on how to handle senior parents.  Our friend had to run to catch his flight, so we drove him all the way to the airport.  We were cutting it close but he made it!  On the way back I caught up with my girlfriend too on my emotional weekend.  I hope she understands where I’m coming from when I tell her how I feel.  I’m 9 years older than her and I want to make sure she can see things from my perspective.  Getting older and dwelling on regrets is a hard.  You have to realize at one point, some of the choices you’ve made haven’t been the wisest.  In the end, you just want your loved ones to be safe, and everyone to be happy. 
I made it home in time for my older brother to pick me up.  My dad wanted to celebrate my younger brother's birthday.  I had a chocolate cake from Portillo's for the dinner.  Unfortunately it was pretty hot that day and the cake fell in.  At least everyone still enjoyed it!  Lol









No comments:

Post a Comment