Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Labor Day Madness

I’m recapping Labor Day Weekend before I went on my big trip.

Since I only purchased one day for North Coast Festival that Friday, I figured I would do my chores and usual leg day routine at the gym the next.  One of our friends was in town from Michigan but she wanted to meet at Brookfield Zoo around 1pm.  I wasn’t sure which of my other friends were going so I could bum a ride.  I do not own a car, but lately, it’s become harder to meet up with my friends.  Some of them have kids and have moved out of the city.  I was thinking maybe in the distant future I should consider getting one, but who knows.

I didn’t have any plans until the evening when our other friend invited us to her place in Skokie.  We headed over there and hung out all night.  It was fun catching up.

The next day, our other friend was planning a Labor Day bbq in her new home.  She bought a house not far from where I live in the city, which is nice because I can actually see her from time to time.  Lol

Once at the bbq it was food galore.  I was having a good time until another friend was messaging me.  She wanted to go out.  It was nearing 7pm but she insisted Estate was the place to be right now.  I had to go home and change.  I ordered an uber and off I went.

I messaged my friend that I was on my way once I was dressed.  We got to Estate around 9pm and she was right!  Apparently they had a block party happening along with djs on stage.  People were dancing all over the place.  I was enjoying myself.

Because of the noise ordinance, the crowd came into Estate after 10pm.  I didn’t realize how packed it could get on a Sunday night, but then again, it was Labor Day weekend.  I saw some familiar faces, too!  Once it got close to midnight, we decided to go to another spot.  

A few of us headed to Tunnel in River North.  Again, it was nice seeing more familiar faces and catching up.  I wasn’t paying attention to the time at all.  Next thing you know, Tunnel was announcing last call.  We still didn’t have enough.  We wanted to head to a later spot.  

People started heading to different spots but now me and our new group decided to go to Underground.  It still tops as one of the number one venues in River North.  Luckily we got in but the vibe inside was amazing!  I forgot how much fun I have in this place.

I felt a little guilty the next day on Labor Day on all of the spots I went to that night.  I haven’t gone out like that in a while.  I can’t help but think how much more of this I have left in me.  What can you do when you live in the city?










No comments:

Post a Comment