Monday, September 11, 2017

OUTRAGEOUS!

Trying to finish up August events before I fly out!  I’m SO FREAKING NERVOUS!!!  I was doing good yesterday by finishing up a spiritual book on forgiveness.  I’m mostly a self-help book guru but I got this book from my church and figured I’ll do a quick read before I order my next book.  Believe it or not, it did bring up some interesting insights on forgiveness.  I realized that I needed to forgive myself for getting so anxious.  I am human after all.  I also have to have more faith that everything will be alright.  Easier said than done, but I know once I land safely, my new adventure awaits!

The last weekend of August I had dinner with a friend at Masada.  He has been eating a vegetarian diet lately, so this was the perfect spot for some good food!  He loved everything on his plate, and I enjoyed my “Little Village” cocktail.  We also lucked out on the belly dancer performing that evening.  It was a lovely evening.

Earlier that day, my firm held a raffle for a pair of Lionel Richie and Mariah Carey tickets at the Unite Center.  Once I heard they were going to do this, I envisioned me and my mom dancing along to his music.  I couldn’t believe I won!!  I was so excited I texted my mom right away.  She was in Michigan for a few days but was going to return that Saturday for the concert. 

The thing about my mom, she was rushing me a bit so we wouldn’t miss the show.  I explained that we would be fine, but I could tell she was anxious on getting there “on time”.  I realized she was just as excited as I was.  We got to our skybox lounge pretty early and met the other attendees.  It was then when I finally started to relax.  I had to bring my phone charger because I didn’t have time to fully charge it at home!

Needless to say, the show was amazing.  For those who are curious, Mariah did sing those high notes, but Lionel was the star of this show!  He brought everyone “dancing on the ceiling”.  He even performed songs from the Commodores.  The crowd went crazy for “All night long” as well as “we are the world”.  I just love the 80s!













No comments:

Post a Comment