Friday, September 29, 2017

I think I smell a Barbecue

On Labor Day Monday my aunt and uncle decided to throw a last minute bbq.  By this time it hit me that my upcoming trip was right around the corner, and my anxiety was in full swing.  I had an upset stomach all day.  I wanted to enjoy myself, but my nerves wouldn’t let me.  I hate that anxiety robs me of the present.  I just wish I knew how to turn off my thoughts.  I started reading a book I got from church and it did help me a bit when the week went along.  I even brought it with me on my trip for comfort.  I figured I could re-read it from time to time in case I get nervous out there.  Traveling can be an exciting and new learning experience, but it could also be frightening.  You constantly have to know if you’re well informed of your surroundings, keep track of budgeting as well as looking after a strict schedule.  Everyone has heard of horror stories about cancelled travel accommodations, theft, or other safety concerns.  The key is to cover all bases with your trip.  In my case, it’s usually how I process all of this information that gets the best of me.  I want to be ready for anything.
Regardless, talking to my family about my travels helps because you can brainstorm scenarios with them.  After all, they’re looking after your wellbeing.  In the end, I did enjoy my time at the bbq, nerves and all.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Unfortunately, the news is disturbing lately on how we are handling the hurricane crisis in Puerto Rico.  I just pray things will pick up at a much quicker speed in order to help everyone stranded on the island.




No comments:

Post a Comment