Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Violet Hour

I’m still sick as a dog.  More details to come once I figure out myself what is going on with me.  All I can say is I’m so over this.
After my Guy Gerber no show on Friday, a friend of mine invited me over her place for some wine and light bites.  I have not caught up with her since her wedding back in November.  She went on her honeymoon and then that was it.  Around March is when she announced her pregnancy on social media.  I’m ecstatic for her.  This is what she’s always wanted and it’s all falling into place. 
She had another friend over and we all started chatting away.  Another friend came by later on and we stayed up talking past 1am!  It was a different scenario for me because it involved a different set of girls.  I loved it because I needed to hear another perspective on things; on life.  So many changes in my inner circle has had me bummed out for some time.  I’ve been feeling out of place for a while.
I wish things would stay the same but they wouldn’t be called growing pains if they did.  The next day was church and I went out for brunch with my friend and her family.  I wish my family were like hers.  They know how to have a good time.
The following Monday turned out to be a really nice day.  I told myself I wanted to visit a friend of mine who was messaging me when I was out in Amsterdam.  He travels a lot too, so I wanted to talk to him about my trip.  I would tease him that I wished he would be more descriptive when it came to his trips.  I’m a Gemini and we’re super curious about everything!!  Unfortunately, he’s a Scorpio and they’re super secretive about everything.  Lol.  Regardless, it was nice being out.  I went to the Violet Hour in Wicker Park and was surprised at how busy it was inside.  I’m guessing the weather had a lot to do with it.  We Chicagoans jump at the chance when it’s a nice day out.

I had their Go Fast Boat cocktail



No comments:

Post a Comment