Thursday, May 4, 2017

Baby Sprinkle

Still trying to catch up on April events.  I’ve been sick for almost a week now.  After a while it starts getting to you.  I don’t know what I have.  Cold, sinus infection, allergies, wheezing, fever, migraines.  It goes on and on.  Not to mention, I’ve been having trouble sleeping because of it.  I have a checkup coming up on Monday and if I’m still sick I’ll ask her to prescribe me something.  I thought I could ride it out but it’s starting to interfere with my life too much.  I’ve become irritable because of it.
Last night I yelled at my mom pretty bad.  I’m ashamed of it but she had me so frustrated.  I just don’t get her sometimes.  I cannot figure out what she’s thinking because she changes her mind too often.  Do you know anyone like this in your life?  How do you handle this person?  For me, it’s hard because I do not know what this person is thinking or where they are coming from.  I am not a mind reader and for me to guess what someone is thinking is very hard.  How would I know what your perception is?  Why should I figure out the clues?  Wouldn’t it be easier if you tell me what you are feeling?
The thing is, I never really know what my mom is feeling.  I think she goes with whatever the majority rules, and I’ve never been that way (or I try not to be).  I want to look after her best interests but with these mind games, I’m afraid I won’t know how to help her. 
The following day after the Davis Theater was Palm Sunday.  I went to church that afternoon and found out one of my friends went on a cruise for Spring Break.  Nice!  I’m curious about vacationing on a boat.  Who knows?
Later that day me and my other friend decided to meet up for margaritas.  We called up our other friend and headed to Skokie to Uncle Julios.  This was one of the nicest days we had in Chicago and we wanted to sit outside.  It was fun catching up with my friends on juicy gossip.  


The Easter Bunny showed up for Palm Sunday.



The following weekend I helped out a friend by keeping him company while he was going through some stuff at his storage unit.  It was another hot day in Chicago, but I needed his expert advice on how to handle my mom with the house situation.  I was still pretty unsure if we should put it on the market or not. After listening to my friend’s advice, I had no choice but to sit this out.  The pros and cons go on forever.
The next day was Easter Sunday and I went to mass in the afternoon.  I then had to go to a Baby Sprinkle for my friend who is going to have her 2nd child.  A “sprinkle” is a smaller baby shower since nowadays it is more common to have just one shower for a family.  It was nice seeing friends come together with their little ones.  Kids love having fun with other children.
Two friends stopped by later after the party and we headed to Café con Leche for some afternoon cocktails.  It gets harder and harder for all of us to get together.  That is why I jump at the chance to see them when the opportunity arrives.  I just want everyone to be happy, no matter where the road takes us.   

I wore a maxi dress to the baby shower on Easter.

Just hanging with my peeps 



I got to hold my friend's 2 month old son!  He was loving the Paris themed mural!









No comments:

Post a Comment