Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Guy Gerber No Show

Despite my unfortunate incident the night before, I woke up troubled in the morning.  It was Friday and I had bought a ticket to see a dj perform that night.  I was pretty excited about this weeks ago when I first bought it.  Now I felt terrible and I knew I had to push my feelings aside.  I didn’t want this to ruin my evening.  I went to work and came home to rest up.  I slowly got ready and did my usual routine of calling up my mom before she went to bed.  I invited a friend to see if she would be interested but no response.  Looks like I’m going solo!
The temperature dropped down to the 40s in Chicago after a 60 degree week.  I decided not to wear a coat since I was going to uber it there.  I wasn’t too worried about it, but was surprised when the uber driver showed up with his dog sitting in front.  At first I thought I got into the wrong car.  He apologized right away and asked if this would be a problem.  I told him I’m allergic to dogs, but he again apologized that his dog wasn’t feeling too well.  He didn’t want to leave her alone at home since he was monitoring her.  She might need surgery, but for now she was on antibiotics.  I felt bad.  I could tell he loves his dog very much.  He put down the front windows for me and we talked about her situation.  It hit home hard since I knew how my mom loves her dog (even though he drives me crazy).  A pet is a member of the family who brings so much joy to the people they love.  I told him I would pray for his dog that night.  I hope she’ll be ok. 
Once I got to Spybar I noticed how dead it was inside.  I figured it was a late night spot and it would get better later on.  I waited and waited and still nothing happened.  They had two djs spinning and they were ok.  As the night went on, the crowd got bigger and bigger but still no Guy Gerber.  I was enjoying myself nonetheless.  I haven’t been out in months and I miss dance music so much.  It’s the only other place besides church where everybody is in harmony.  Eventually a girl started talking to me and then mentioned how Guy Gerber was not coming.  “What??”  I shrieked.  “Yeah, he couldn’t get in the country.  Visa issues.”  Oh my goodness.
I was frustrated, but what could I do?  I was out already, I might as well enjoy the most of my evening.  I stayed out as late as I could.  Then I grew tired and went home.  Sure enough I checked on Facebook to see if there was some sort of announcement about him being a no-show, and there it was.  I blame myself for not checking since these things do happen from time to time.  Until next time Guy Gerber.  You are still on my dj bucket list.


All black 




No comments:

Post a Comment