Friday, May 19, 2017

90 Miles Cafe

I got my meds from the doctor Thursday night, but my first official day on them was Friday.  I had them send it to my pharmcist near my job.  It’s the one where I usually get my meds from, so I figured it wasn’t a big deal to wait on one more night without them.  But that Friday I ended up leaving early from work.  I had too many sleepless nights that week and I was plain tired of being sick.
The following day Saturday, I had a birthday party to go to in Lincolnwood.  It was for my friend’s mom.  She had turned 60 years old!  What a milestone!  They chose to celebrate it at 90 Miles Café.  Another plus?  They were going to have a live band as well!
My friend and her boyfriend came to pick me up.  We quickly went to grab some flowers and balloons for our friend's mom.  Of course, once we got there, our other friends had not arrived.  Luckily the host showed us to our table.  Other family members were seated along with the birthday girl.  We were greeting everyone when the rest of the party showed up.  Like I said, I’m glad the restaurant had showed us to the back room where we had reserved our tables.  It’s hard to coordinate this stuff with such a big party.
It was nice catching up to everyone, although my voice was still hoarse from my cough.  I noticed that the place got slammed and that’s when our waiter notified us that the restaurant was running behind on all orders.  Yikes!  It was the night before Mother’s Day, so maybe they were not expecting to be so busy.  Regardless, we chatted away.
The samba dancers came out and were very friendly to the customers.  They even let us pose with them for pictures.  I was impressed how they got the crowd going.  Everybody loved them and the band was exceptional.
We were getting to the hangry stage when the food finally arrived.  Nonetheless, we were drinking by then so we got over it pretty quickly.  Lol. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment