Friday, May 12, 2017

Sicko de Mayo

That Monday when I went to the Violet Hourfor cocktails, Chicago was experiencing some beautiful weather.  Eventually it dipped back into the 50s as the week progressed.  I kept it low key for the rest of the week because the weather was just plain awful.  The rain came and didn’t stop for days.  I suspected that’s when I started to feel blah.  I could feel something was happening, but I really thought through tea and chicken soup I could defeat this.  I was wrong.  By Sunday I knew I felt off, but  figured it was just allergies.  
The following week was the first week of May.  My friend invited me to go with her to the Kentucky Derby, but I declined.  I was coughing too much and knew sitting in a 4-5 hour car ride was not going to happen.  I had a routine checkup with a doctor coming up and thought to myself, I’ll ride this out and wait then to have it checked out. 
Well I survived the weekend.  It sucked not being able to join in the festivities of cinco de Mayo or the Derby.  On Sunday I was having cabin fever so I took a walk to a café and tried to brush up on my Italian.  I don’t know how people could study in there.  I grew frustrated after an hour and a half and went home.  But at least I left the house.
I went to my scheduled appointment this past Monday and was praying she would be able to prescribe me something for my cold.  I told her I’ve tried everything, from zyrtec to cough syrup, advil for my migraines and more chicken soup.  Nothing seemed to work.  That’s when she told me, “It’s because it’s not your sinuses.  It is your asthma.  It has nothing to do with your nose.  It’s your chest and something is making it act up.”  Unfortunately, she could not prescribe me something because it’s not her specialty.  UGH!!
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my internal doctor.  I have not seen her in years, because I have not been sick.  Yeah I’ve caught a cold here and there, and rode them out for the most part.  I’m getting worried because I don’t want to have problems with my asthma.  It’s scary not being able to breathe.  But waking up coughing and not getting enough sleep throughout the week has got me exhausted. 
Meanwhile, my mom has had a ton of people come by and see the house.  So far she’s had two offers, but they did not pan out.  I’m hopeful once the weather cooperates, more people will be house hunting. 
I miss my healthy life.  Two weeks being sick has left me irritable.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment