Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Bridal Shower Brunch

I can't believe it's officially November!!  I swear time flies quickly than I remember.  I'm still trying to catch up on September events.  My bad!  The Cubs being in the World Series has got our attention like you won't believe.  Tonight's the night!  Chicago is excited for Game 7.  I'm so proud of our team.  A sweet elderly man gave me a huge smile this morning on my way to work.  After last night's win, we're walking on cloud 9.  Regardless, let me recap the last Sunday in September.
I had a bridal shower to attend.  I had went out the night before for the 312 block party.  I knew I had to be at the brunch by 11am so I stayed out til the fest closed and for tacos afterwards.  I wasn't out too long.  None of us imagined the temperature reaching up to 90 degrees that day!  I thought it was a glitch at first on my phone.  I wore a maxi dress I bought from Greece along with a denim jacket.  lol.  Needless to say, I ditched the jacket once it started to really warm up.  Considering I woke up to temperatures in the 60s, it was a surprise for everyone.  The brunch took place at Fennel & Iris Café.  It's a party café which hosts private events.  Everyone loved the cozy décor inside.  It was a perfect intimate brunch with good friends.  Instead of the usual party games for bridal showers such as how-well-do-you-know-the-bride, they opted for games solely on the couple to play.  It gave us the opportunity to get to know them better plus people seem to enjoy watching their interactions with one another.  I loved every minute of it and can't wait for their wedding coming up soon!



The 312 block party the night before the brunch...


Unfortunately not my type of fest considering it was a beer fest.  Regardless I was glad I was out and about...


Ready for brunch!  We all had our own customized bottle of rose. 

Cute photos of the couple were part of the décor.

Their proposal in Germany! 







The salmon burgers were da bomb! 

Let the games begin!

Along with our bottle we received churros! 




We finally got it right!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment